Creating an account
Create your free Trove account to access tools that will help you make more use of Trove's features.
Create your Trove account
1. Select SIGN UP from the top right corner of the Trove homepage.
Your username must:
- start with a letter
- contain only alphabetical letters, numbers, full stops or dashes
- cannot contain any spaces
- be between 4 and 32 characters long
- not be offensive
3. Enter the email address that you want to connect with your Trove account.
4. Provide and confirm a password for access to your Trove account. The password must be at least 14 characters long.
5. Complete the reCAPTCHA test to confirm that you're not a robot.
6. It is advised to keep the Create an account page open until you receive a verification email.
7. Select the Sign up button.
Activate your Trove account
After creating a new Trove account, you need to activate it. To do this:
- Check the inbox for the email address you used to sign up for Trove.
- There should be an email from Trove containing a verification link.
- Select this link to verify your email address and activate your account.
- The link in the email from Trove expires after 3 days. If you haven’t activated your account by this time, you can get a new verification link by trying to log in with your new username and password.
The Trove verification email should arrive within 10 minutes of signing up. If it doesn't:
- Check the junk mail/spam folder in your email account.
- If the email is not there, select the Resend the email link in the Trove Create an account window.
- If you cannot access the Resend the email link, you can:
- Resend the email by trying to log in with your new username and password
- Sign up again with a different username
If you have activated your account and are experiencing problems logging in, try:
- Resetting your password or
- Waiting a few minutes before you try to log in again (If you tried to log in unsuccessfully too many times, we may have temporarily locked your account as a precaution, but this should last only a few minutes).
Once you have activated your Trove account, you can log in and make changes to your profile.
Log in to your Trove account
- Select LOGIN from the top right corner of the Trove homepage. This will take you to the Log In page.
- Complete the form with your username and password.
- Select the Log In button.
- You will be directed back to the Trove homepage as a logged-in user. Your username should appear in the top right corner of the screen.