Known IT issues
On this page you can find out more about functionality issues the Trove technical team is investigating that are not working as expected. Workarounds are given if available and once a fix for the issue is included in a Trove system update, we’ll remove it from this list.
If you find something in Trove is not working as you'd expect and can’t see it mentioned here, contact Trove Support.
What is/isn't a known IT issue
Not every issue being investigated will be listed – Trove has regular system updates addressing low-impact issues, improving infrastructure or adding functionality for internal staff. Generally speaking, known IT issues:
- Have been consistently logged by Trove visitors as an issue with Trove Support,
- Can be reliably reproduced by the Trove technical team,
- Are currently being investigated for a potential fix or workaround.
Requests for new features and improvements are always welcome but the focus of this page is existing functionality.
Site-wide or partial outages of Trove will also not be reported here. Please see any alert banners on the Trove site, or our social media for information on planned and unplanned downtime.
Current known IT issues
'Refine your results' filters in search results are not visible to users on mobile/resized desktop browser windows.
- Workaround : Use the advanced search filters or a full screen desktop application
Intermittent issues with saving of text corrections.
- Workaround: regularly save your text corrections.
Broken links to Trove Partner’s under the ‘Borrow’ button for works with more than one edition.
- Additional Information: When a work has more than one edition the links to a Trove Partner’s catalogue under the ‘Borrow’ button don’t find the title as the wrong information is being included in the link.
- Workaround: scroll to the bottom of the item record and select the relevant edition.
Unable to access the save button to update your Trove Profile on a mobile device.
- Additional Information: When updating your profile on your Trove account the save button is not accessible.
- Workaround: Use a larger screen, e.g. laptop or PC, to update your Trove profile.
An unexpected error message when accessing Trove Profile
- Additional Information: An unexpected error indicating that the user could not be found is presented when you are trying to access your Trove Profile. This error message is displaying because your session had expired.
- Workaround: Refresh your screen and sign into Trove.
Zoom and rotate buttons aren’t visible on a phone or tablet.
- Additional Information: When viewing a newspaper article on a phone or tablet the zoom and rotate buttons are not always visible.
Get a ‘logout’ confirmation when creating new Trove Account or resetting password.
- Additional Information: When setting up a new Trove account or changing your password a page requesting confirmation that you would like to logout is presented instead of a verification page that your action has been accepted.
- Workaround: Close your browser and initiate a new browser session before clicking on the link in the email you have been sent.
Function buttons obscure some newspaper articles.
- Additional Information: When viewing some newspaper articles where the text of the article is on the left-hand margin the buttons to manipulate the size of the article obscure the text of the article.
- Workaround: Click on the ‘match text’ button before moving the article to the centre of the screen. Once you are in edit mode you can move the image of the article. The image will just move back to the left margin, but the buttons do not obscure the text of the article you are correcting.
List items numbers duplicated.
- Additional information: when editing a list some list item numbers are duplicated.