Adding article categories
When newspapers and gazettes are digitised, each article is given a broad category, such as Advertising or Family Notices.
You can also add additional categories to articles to provide more specific detail and more ways for them to be found eg. Humour, Shipping Notices or Obituaries.
Adding categories to an article improves the accuracy of search results in newspapers and gazettes.
Add an additional category to an article
All added categories are visible to the public.
- Go to the article that you want to add a category to.
- While in the newspaper viewer, select Categories from the sidebar on the left hand side of the screen.
- Select Add. If you are not logged in to your Trove account, you will be requested to Login, Sign Up or Add an anonymous category?
- Select a category from the drop-down menu.
- Select Save.
Remove a category from an article
You can only delete categories that you have added while logged on to your Trove account.
- Go to the article that you added the category to.
- While in the newspaper viewer, select Categories from the sidebar on the left hand side of the screen to see the categories for the article.
- To remove a category that you have added, select the to the category.