No corrections yet
WHY not lead the autumn fashion field
with the 3-T silhouette? lt's terrific . .. it's thinning . . . it's almost too good to be true . . . and it's brought to you by ARGUS SLICKS, our ingenious pattern service.
This 3-T dress is a chic version of the
stocking ' dress whicfi . . was introduced here
last year and is now destined to take Mel bourne by storm in the way it did New York and London during the season just ending.
Made from just two
simple pieces and only \me and a half yards of material, it's a slender dress that fits like a stocking and can be washed like
Our dress was made from unusual two-tone grey and cyclamen striped wool jersey material. Anthracite grey bands
trim heck and armholes, and three jet buttons along left shoulder fasten neck opening.
Nothing could be quicker to make. Being cut on straight, simple lines, it will flt and flatter every figure.
if you would like to see this dress before you make it, go along to the fabrics' department of Myer's be tween 12 noon and 2 p.m. any day from now until Friday and you will se lt modelled by Coral Wright. The dress will also- be on display in the window of The Argus branch office, 250 Collins st., until Fri day.
MATERIALS: To fit a 36in. bust you will need one and a half yards pf 50in. wide wool jersey material, three buttons, and an oddment of con trasting colored material for neck and armhole bindings-or an oddment - of wool, should you pre
fer to knit ribbed bands. Both will be popular and look equally smart.
Make paper patterns from the two simple dia grams (at left) in which each square represents two inches. '
1. Using pattern (A) on the fold, cut front. Using pattern (B) on the fold, cut back.
2. Take in back of neck darts as marked with dotted lines on (B).
3. Join right shoulder seam. Face left front shoulder edge. Make three buttonholes, evenly spaced. Stitch three buttons on left back shoulder edge to correspond.
4. Join side seams, leaving a side slit at left seam 6in. up from hem, for easy walking.
5. Trim neckline and armhole with bias strips in contrasting material in double thickness, folded lengthwise,, so that they measure lin. deep when complete. Should you pre fer knitted ribbed edging, knit a ribbed strip lin. wide and 20in. long for neckline, and two more strips for armholes, both lin. wide and 21in. long.
6. Hem dress.
To wear it, belt it tightly.