Pope Electric Motors
TOTALLY ENCLOSED HIGH TORQUE HIGH EFFICIENCY
In the immediate post war period the large and rapidly expanding Pope
Organisation decided to develop and produce a range of Electric Motors of advanced type and quality that had, until then, been available only from overseas manufacturers. Accordingly, a staff of internationally trained research scientists and technicians in collaboration with the most highly skilled Australian engineers in all fields, joined forces to produce a motor incorporating the finest features for the widest possible range of applications. This motor
was to be produced in Australia, from Australian materials, by Australian craftsmen, and to suit specifically the wide range of Australian climatic and industrial conditions.
The motor had to embody all the latest things and performance factors obtained to date by the leading British, American and Continental manu- facturers, and where possible to exceed these factors. The result is a range of motors which feature the following:—
(1) Compactness of design jet electrical and mechanical symmetry and balance of a higher order than previously seen In any of the exlsiting Aust- ralian-made obsolete and shapeless motors.
(2) Extreme coolness of operaUon - due to the unique finely grained cast iron body with Its deep 35 longitudinal finning coupled wita the motor's effi- cient and robust fan.
(3) Complete protection against entry of, and
ravages of, dirt, dust, fluff. swarf, metal abrasives. oil. moisture, etc., and complete weather proofing
(4) The lowest possible operating noise level.
(5) Outstanding perfomance coupled with excel- lent efficiency lo give a truly economical balance between the work done and the cost of performlng this work.
(6) A motor balanced in every sense of the word balanced in appearance, balanced in performance, and balanced dynamical!« to a degree of accuracy far be)ond the standard previously achieved in this countrv. In other words a motor where the question of balance was adequately dealt with in the laboratory, design and drawing office, produc- tion plant and finally the test rooms.
(7) A motor designed to take in Its stride the unavoidable peak overloads occasionally sustained before overload protection devices operate, and a motor of exceptional robustness, both physical and electrical, designed to reduce to its barest minimum maintenance and installation problems.
(8) A unit produced as a standard production motor available from stock at anv Pope State Branch and available at short notice as a flange- mounted, double shaft extension or tropic proof motor.
(9) Combined «1th the Titree Phase range, a comprehensive rante of Slnfle Phase motors motors which have reduced maintenance problems on Pop« Products Ltd. own Une of Lawn Mowen, Washing Machines, etc., to a really amazing decree. This sating factor has In turn appealed to a large cumber of other manufacturers who are now taking , an increasing number or Pope Single Phase motors into all aspects of the Industrial and domestic appliance field.
(10) A Single Phase motor which has proved most satisfaclor» because of its basic robustness, its carefull; designed and thoroughly tested switch gear and Its ah;iit> to withstand such unorthodox loadings as a prolonged locked rotor condition. A
fundamental not overlooked In the original design, b} the engineers at Pope Products Limited, was the need to provide specific motor characteristics for each <ar>lne application, liistead of copying other motor manufacturers' unsatisfactory method of producing a single General Purpose unit. As a result Pope Products Limited offer throughout the Commonwealth, Single Phase Motors with high starting torques, high break-down torques, or ex- treme silence, low temperature rise, and coolness of operation, etc.
2 Notwithstanding all these exceptional features, Pope Products Limited can 5 make available any of these motors from stock at each State Branch, and at >- PRICES which are extremely COMPETITIVE with other, makes of GENERAL > PURPOSE OPEN OR SCREEN PROTECTED types of motors. This contribution S to Australian Industry has been made possible by the long-sighted policy of > Pope Products Limited in producing as a standard unit what had hitherto been ¡< high priced special supplements to accepted electric motor ranges.