Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title96
The Monitor was a biweekly English language newspaper published in Sydney, New South Wales and founded in 1826. It is one of the earlier newspapers in the colony commencing publication twenty three years after the Sydney Gazette, the first paper to appear in 1803, and more than seventy years before the federation of Australia. The Monitor changed name several times, subsequently being known as The Sydney Monitor, and in June 1838 Francis O'Brien and Edwyn Henry Statham introduced themselves as the new editors of the re-branded Sydney Monitor and Commercial Advertiser.See the full Wikipedia entry
Each item in the list represents a year and the number of issues digitised for that year. This is presented as Year YYYY : Number of Issues.
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the contributions of the following individuals and institutions.
Lenders and donors of collection material:
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
The National Library of Australia has digitised this work with the permission of the rights holder and enabled download or print options where possible for research or study. For any other purpose please contact the copyright owner via the publisher. More information...
The National Library of Australia supports creativity, innovation and knowledge-exchange but does not endorse any inappropriate or derogatory use. Please respect indigenous, cultural and ethical concerns.