Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title917
The Record of the Blue Mountains was a newspaper published in Katoomba, New South Wales from 1921 to 1925.
The Record of the Blue Mountains began in August 1921 as The Catholic News of the Blue Mountains, a monthly published by the Katoomba Catholic Club. Outgrowing its role as a parish bulletin and widening its appeal to include the non-Catholic community, the name was changed from July 1922 (Vol.1, No. 12). By July 1923 it had achieved a circulation of 6,000 readers between Bathurst and Sydney. While its editors included M. Curran, John F. Ryan and Bruce Milliss, the driving force behind The Record was Katoomba parish priest, Father St. Clair Joseph Bridge. A further name change occurred in April, 1924, when the name was shortened to The Record Magazine. Financial difficulties and pressure from the Church hierarchy to concentrate on parish affairs eventually forced Bridge to close The Record. The last issue, volume 4, number 6, appeared in January, 1925.See the full Wikipedia entry
Each item in the list represents a year and the number of issues digitised for that year. This is presented as Year YYYY : Number of Issues.
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the contributions of the following individuals and institutions.
Lenders and donors of collection material:
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
The National Library of Australia has digitised this work with the permission of the rights holder and enabled download or print options where possible for research or study. For any other purpose please contact the copyright owner via the publisher. More information...
The National Library of Australia supports creativity, innovation and knowledge-exchange but does not endorse any inappropriate or derogatory use. Please respect indigenous, cultural and ethical concerns.