Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title730
The Wyalong Star and Temora and Barmedman Advertiser was an English language newspaper published in Wyalong, New South Wales, Australia.
The Wyalong Star and Temora and Barmedman Advertiser was first published on 30 March 1894 under the partnership of James Joseph Crowley and Michael Joseph Canty. Crowley and Canty were formerly the publishers of the Temora "Advocate" which was one of the first newspapers on the expanding gold fields of New South Wales. T. A. Crowe was the first editor of The Wyalong Star and Temora and Barmedman Advertiser. He left the paper around 1906 and became the first clerk of the Bland Shire Council. From there he took up dairy farming also trying his hand at running an orchard and held several prominent public office positions sitting on the first Hospital Committee and the first School of Arts Committee. After Crowe left the paper, editorial duties were managed for several years by John Crowley, brother of proprietor James Crowley.See the full Wikipedia entry
Each item in the list represents a year and the number of issues digitised for that year. This is presented as Year YYYY : Number of Issues.
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the contributions of the following individuals and institutions.
Lenders and donors of collection material:
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
The National Library of Australia has digitised this work with the permission of the rights holder and enabled download or print options where possible for research or study. For any other purpose please contact the copyright owner via the publisher. More information...
The National Library of Australia supports creativity, innovation and knowledge-exchange but does not endorse any inappropriate or derogatory use. Please respect indigenous, cultural and ethical concerns.