Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title299
The St Arnaud Mercury was a newspaper first published on 13 February 1864 by the proprietors, Evans and Somerton, who also owned the Maryborough Advertiser.
It was purchased in 1868 by mining entrepreneur Charles Ferris Lewis (1828–1900). He bound yearly volumes and donated them to the Borough Council of St Arnaud, the Shire of Kara Kara and the Mechanics' Institute. The Lewis family owned the paper for 61 years with his two sons, (eponymously named) Charles Ferris and Thomas George, continued the Mercury until 1929.See the full Wikipedia entry
Each item in the list represents a year and the number of issues digitised for that year. This is presented as Year YYYY : Number of Issues.
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the contributions of the following individuals and institutions.
Lenders and donors of collection material:
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
The National Library of Australia has digitised this work with the permission of the rights holder and enabled download or print options where possible for research or study. For any other purpose please contact the copyright owner via the publisher. More information...
The National Library of Australia supports creativity, innovation and knowledge-exchange but does not endorse any inappropriate or derogatory use. Please respect Indigenous, cultural and ethical concerns.