Articles from page 2: Previous page Next page

  1. Please wait. Loading browse data... loading
  2. [?]ig & [?]affle

    THE defeat of the Bill to impose a cigarette-advertising ban in Western Australia, due to a huge lobbying effort by the ...

    Article : 778 words
  3. Electoral reform: a few ideas worth thinking about

    "My suggestion is that [after enlarging the House of Representatives] we then follow some overseas examples, and elect, say, 20 per cent of the House on a list system (each State voting as a single electorate), the remaining 80 per cent, as now, from single-Member constituencies". ... [ILLUSTRATED]

    Article : 1,473 words
  4. The Canberra Times

    IN THE kerfuffle about the latest allegations of "bastardisation" at the Royal Military College of Australia, Duntroon, one salient factor appears to have been ignored by the would-be traducers of one of the nation's longest-standing ...

    Article : 833 words
  5. LETTERS to the Editor

    Sir, — As an enthusiastic and concerned member of the motorcycling fraternity, I wish to register my protest at the overreaction by the ...

    Article : 1,249 words
  6. No title

    {No abstract available} [ILLUSTRATED]

    Article : 0 words

    The Governor-General, Sir Ninian Stephen, received the following callers yesterday: Senator Gareth Evans, the Attorney-General; and ...

    Article : 100 words
  8. Times past

    April 14, 1958: The Indonesian Army Chief of Staff, Major-General Nasution, ordered Jakarta forces into the ...

    Article : 44 words



Please choose from the following download options:


Share this item on:


Print page as...

The National Library of Australia's Copies Direct service lets you purchase higher quality, larger sized photocopies or electronic copies of newspapers pages.

Format of download
as... PDF PDF

You need to login before you can save preferences.