The Register (Adelaide, SA : 1901 - 1929)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title89
The Register, originally the South Australian Gazette and Colonial Register, was the first South Australian newspaper. It was first published in London in June 1836 and folded almost a century later in February 1931.See the full Wikipedia entry
- The Register.
- Adelaide, S. Aust. : Register Newspapers Ltd., 1901-1929.
- 28 v. ; 66 cm.
- June 18, 1906 issue accompanied by a facsimile reprint of: South Australian gazette and colonial register, Vol. 1, no. 1 (June 18, 1836)
- Life Dates
- Vol. 66, no. 16890 (Jan. 1, 1901)-v. 94, no. 27290 (Feb. 1, 1929)
- Later Title
- Register news-pictorial 1837-3887
- Former Title
- South Australian register 1836-7674
- Also Titled
- South Australian gazette and colonial register Vol. 1, no. 1 (June 18, 1836)
- Australia South Australia Adelaide.
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by the State Library of South Australia for the digitisation of this title.