Empire (Sydney, NSW : 1850 - 1875)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title67
The Empire was a newspaper published in Sydney, Australia. It was published from 28 December 1850 to 14 February 1875, except for the period from 28 August 1858 to 23 May 1859, when publication was suspended. It was later absorbed by The Evening News.See the full Wikipedia entry
- The empire : Sydney journal of news, politics and commerce.
- Sydney, N.S.W. : Henry Parkes, 1850-
- v. ; 56 cm.
- Publisher, frequency and subtitle vary.
Publication suspended Aug. 28, 1858-May 23, 1859.
- Life Dates
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (Saturday, Dec. 28, 1850)-[Feb. 14, 1875]
- Later Title
- Evening news (Sydney, N.S.W.)
- Also Titled
- Australia New South Wales Sydney.
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by the State Library of New South Wales for the digitisation of this title.