The Colonist (Sydney, NSW : 1835 - 1840)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title66
The Colonist was a weekly English language tabloid newspaper published in Sydney, New South Wales from 1835 to 1840.See the full Wikipedia entry
- The Colonist or weekly journal of politics, commerce, agriculture, literature, science and religion for the Colony of New South Wales. [electronic resource] :
- Sydney, N.S.W. : Henry Bull, and J. Spilsbury, 1835-1840.
- 6 v. ; 39 cm.
- Frequency, publisher and size vary.
One of the chief contributors was John Dunmore Lang.
Digitised as part of the Australian Newspapers service which allows access to historic Australian newspapers.
Also available in print and on microfilm.
Electronic production. Canberra, A.C.T. : National Library of Australia, 2008-2009. (Australian newspapers). 1835-1840. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Life Dates
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 1, 1835)-v. 6, no. 496 (Dec. 31, 1840).
- Later Title
- Sydney herald 1836-0807
- Also Titled
- Colonist a weekly journal of politics, commerce, agriculture, literature, science and religion for the colony of New South Wales
- Australia New South Wales Sydney.
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by State Library of New South Wales for the digitisation of this title.