Bell’s Life in Sydney and Sporting Chronicle (NSW : 1860 - 1870)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title57
The Bell's Life in Sydney and Sporting Reviewer was a weekly English language newspaper published in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
The newspaper was first published on the 4th January, 1845, by Thomas Revel Johnson. He took on a business partner, George Ferrers Pickering, in 1847. However, Johnson left the company in 1848 and was succeeded by Charles Hamilton Nichols. Bell’s Life in Sydney and Sporting Reviewer was published from 1845 - 1860. The publication was continued as Bell’s Life in Sydney and Sporting Chronicle which was published from 1860 - 1870.See the full Wikipedia entry
- Bell's life in Sydney and sporting chronicle [electronic resource]
- Sydney : George Ferrers Pickering and Charles Hamilton Nichols, [1860-
- Publisher varies.
Digitised as part of the "Digitised Newspapers and more" which allows access to historic Australian newspapers and periodicals.
Also available in print and on microfilm.
Electronic reproduction. Canberra, A.C.T. : National Library of Australia, 2010 (Digitised Newspapers and more). Oct. 13, 1860-Dec. 31, 1870. Mode of access: World Wide Web
- Life Dates
- Ceased 1872.
- Former Title
- Bell's life in Sydney and sporting reviewer (Online) 1837-3631
- Also Titled
- Bell's life in Sydney [electronic resource]
Sporting chronicle [electronic resource]
- Australia New South Wales Sydney
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by the State Library of New South Wales for the digitisation of this title.