The Australian (Sydney, NSW : 1824 - 1848)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title50
See the full Wikipedia entry
The Australian (Sydney, NSW : 1824 - 1848) was a weekly English language newspaper published in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
- The Australian [electronic resource]
- Sydney : George Williams, 1824-1848.
- "The founders and proprietors were Dr. Wardell and William Charles Wentworth" - Ferguson.
Digitised as part of the Australian Newspapers service which allows access to historic Australian newspapers.
From Mar. 1, 1844 has subtitle: Daily journal of commerce, agriculture and politics.
Title from PDF title screen.
Also available in print and on microfilm.
Electronic reproduction. Canberra, A.C.T. : National Library of Australia, 2012 (Australian newspapers). Oct. 14, 1824-Sept. 28, 1848. Mode of access: World Wide Web
- Life Dates
- No. 1 (Thursday, Oct. 14, 1824)-new ser. v. 5, no. 766 (Thursday, Sept. 28, 1848).
- Also Titled
- Australian daily journal
- Australia New South Wales Sydney
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by the State Library of New South Wales for the digitisation of this title.