Hobart Town Gazette and Van Diemen’s Land Advertiser (Tas. : 1821 - 1825)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title5
Error processing wiki entry for: Hobart_Town_Gazette, error: java.lang.Exception: HTTP response code403 See the full Wikipedia entry
- The Hobart Town gazette, and Van Diemen's Land advertiser [electronic resource].
- Hobart Town : [Andrew Bent], 1821-1825.
- 5 v. ; 33 cm.
- Caption title.
Digitised as part of the Australian Newspapers service which allows access to historic Australian newspapers.
Supplements accompany some issues.
Also available in print and on microfilm.
Electronic reproduction. Canberra, A.C.T., : National Library of Australia, 2008-2009 (Australian newspapers). Vol. 6, no. 245 (Jan. 20, 1821)-v. 10, no. 484 (Aug. 12, 1825). Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Until Vol. 10, no. 477 (June 24, 1825) published "by authority", with a notice from the Governor, that "all public communications which may appear in this paper, signed with any official signature, are to be considered as Official Communications ...". From 24 June 1825-12 Aug. 1825, it was published without this authority, which was transferred from 25 June 1825 to the new official publication, Hobart Town gazette, published by Howe and Ross, Government Printers, which appeared a day after Bent's paper and had the same numbering. This continued for 7 weeks until Hobart Town gazette and Van Diemen's Land advertiser changed title to: Colonial times and Tasmanian advertiser.
- Life Dates
- Vol. 6, no. 245 (Jan. 20, 1821)-v. 10, no. 484 (Aug. 12, 1825)
- Later Title
- Colonial Times, and Tasmanian advertiser 1835-4718
- Former Title
- Hobart Town gazette, and Southern reporter 1834-0946
- Australia Tasmania Hobart.