South Australian Register (Adelaide, SA : 1839 - 1900)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title41
The Register, originally the South Australian Gazette and Colonial Register, was the first South Australian newspaper. It was first published in London in June 1836 and folded almost a century later in February 1931.See the full Wikipedia entry
- The South Australian register [electronic resource].
- Adelaide, S. Aust. : Robert Thomas and Co., 1839-1900.
- Digitised as part of the Australian Newspapers service which allows access to historic Australian newspapers.
Also available in print and on microfilm.
Electronic reproduction. Canberra, A.C.T., : National Library of Australia, 2008- (Australian newspapers). Vol. 2, no. 74 (June 22, 1839)-v. 65, no. 16889 (Dec. 31, 1900) Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Life Dates
- Vol. 2, no. 74 (June 22, 1839)-v. 65, no. 16889 (Dec. 31, 1900)
- Later Title
- Register (Adelaide, S. Aust.)
- Former Title
- South Australian gazette and colonial register (1836) 1836-7666
- Australia South Australia Adelaide.
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by the State Library of South Australia for the digitisation of this title.