South Australian Gazette and Colonial Register (Adelaide, SA : 1836 - 1839)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title40
The Register, originally the South Australian Gazette and Colonial Register, was the first South Australian newspaper. It was first published in London in June 1836 and folded almost a century later in February 1931.See the full Wikipedia entry
- South Australian gazette and colonial register [electronic resource].
- London : L. Wild, 1836-1839.
- 2 v. ; 46 cm.
- Publisher varies. First issue published in London. From 2nd issue published in Adelaide by Robert Thomas & Co.
Frequency varies. Very irregular until Jan. 1838, then fortnightly until Feb. 17, then weekly.
Digitised as part of the Australian Newspapers service which allows access to historic Australian newspapers.
Also available in print and on microfilm.
Electronic reproduction. Canberra, A.C.T., : National Library of Australia, 2008-2009 (Australian newspapers). Vol. 1, no. 1 (18 June 1836)-v. 2, no. 73 (15 June 1839) Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Publisher varies. First issue published in London. From 2nd issue published in Adelaide by Robert Thomas & Co.
- Life Dates
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (18 June 1836)-v. 2, no. 73 (15 June 1839)
- Later Title
- South Australia. South Australian government gazette
South Australian register 1836-7674
- Australia South Australia Adelaide.
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by the State Library of South Australia for the digitisation of this title.