The Hobart Town Gazette and Southern Reporter (Tas. : 1816 - 1821)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title4
The Hobart Town Gazette was established in 1816 in Hobart, Van Diemen's Land (known as Tasmania since 1856) as the Hobart Town Gazette, and Southern Reporter. In 1821 the name was changed to the Hobart Town Gazette, and Van Diemen's Land Advertiser. In 1825 the title was split, with the government authorised publication remaining the Hobart Town Gazette, and the original editor launching the Colonial Times, and Tasmanian Advertiser . From 1882 it was known as the Hobart Gazette and from 1907 as the Tasmanian Government Gazette.See the full Wikipedia entry
- The Hobart Town gazette, and Southern reporter [electronic resource].
- Hobart Town : [Government Printer], 1816-1821.
- 6 v. ; 30 cm.
- Caption title.
Vol. 1, no. 1 preceded by an issue dated May 11, 1816 called v. 3, no. 158.
Digitised as part of the Australian Newspapers service which allows access to historic Australian newspapers.
Supplements accompany some issues.
Also available in print and on microfilm.
Electronic reproduction. Canberra, A.C.T., : National Library of Australia, 2008-2009 (Australian newspapers). Vol. 1, no. 1 (June 1, 1816)-v. 6, no. 244 (Jan. 13, 1821). Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Life Dates
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (June 1, 1816)-v. 6, no. 244 (Jan. 13, 1821)
- Later Title
- Hobart Town gazette, and Van Diemen's Land advertiser 1834-0954
- Australia Tasmania Hobart.