The Sydney Herald (NSW : 1831 - 1842)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title37
The Sydney Morning Herald (SMH) is a daily compact newspaper published by Fairfax Media in Sydney and is also an Australian national online news brand. Founded in 1831 as the Sydney Herald, the SMH is the oldest continuously published newspaper in Australia. The newspaper is published six days a week. It is available at outlets in Sydney, regional New South Wales, Canberra, and South East Queensland (Brisbane, Gold Coast, and Sunshine Coast).See the full Wikipedia entry
- The Sydney herald [electronic resource].
- Sydney : Ward Stephens and others, 1831-1842.
- 14 v. ; 51 cm.
- Imprint varies.
Digitised as part of the Australian Newspapers service which allows access to historic Australian newspapers.
Also available in print and on microfilm.
Electronic reproduction. Canberra, A.C.T. : National Library of Australia, 2008-2009. (Australian newspapers). 1831-1842. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Life Dates
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (Apr. 18, 1831)-v. 14, no. 1622 (July 30, 1842)
- Later Title
- Sydney morning herald 0312-6315
- Former Title
- Colonist (Sydney, N.S.W.)
- Australia New South Wales Sydney
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by W & F Pascoe Pty. Ltd. for the digitisation of this title.