The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title35
The Sydney Morning Herald (SMH) is a daily compact newspaper published by Fairfax Media in Sydney. Founded in 1831 as the Sydney Herald, the SMH is the oldest continuously published newspaper in Australia. The newspaper is published six days a week. The newspaper's Sunday counterpart, The Sun-Herald, is published in tabloid format. It is available at outlets in Sydney, regional New South Wales, Canberra and South East Queensland (Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast).See the full Wikipedia entry
- The Sydney morning herald [electronic resource]
- Sydney : Charles Kemp and John Fairfax, 1842-
- v. ; 59 cm.
- Digitised as part of the Australian Newspapers service which allows access to historic Australian newspapers.
Also available in print and on microfilm.
Electronic reproduction. Canberra, A.C.T. : National Library of Australia, 2008- . (Australian newspapers). 1842-1954. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Issued free with Saturday ed.: Good Weekend.
The Sydney magazine issued monthly with the Sydney morning herald.
From July, 1985 (?) - [1994} Thursday issues in the northern suburbs area included The Northern herald.
- Life Dates
- Vol. 14, no. 1623 (Aug. 1, 1842)-
- Former Title
- Australian free press
Sydney herald 1836-0807
- Also Titled
Sydney morning herald online
Sydney morning herald multi-year cd-rom
Sydney morning herald (Weekend Canberra ed.)
- Australia New South Wales Sydney.
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by W & F Pascoe Pty. Ltd. for the digitisation of this title.