The West Australian (Perth, WA : 1879 - 1954)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title30
The West Australian, widely known as The West (Saturday/Sunday edition: The Weekend West) is the only locally edited daily newspaper published in Perth, Western Australia, and is owned by ASX-listed Seven West Media (ASX: SWM). The West is published in tabloid format, as is the state's other major newspaper, The Sunday Times, a News Limited publication. It is the second-oldest continuously produced newspaper in Australia, having been published since 1833. The West has strong conservative leanings, and has consistently supported the Coalition.See the full Wikipedia entry
- The West Australian [electronic resource].
- Perth, W. A. : A. Davidson, for the West Australian, 1879-
- v. ; 65 cm.
- Some issues include insert: Today.
Digitised as part of the Australian Newspapers service which allows access to historic Australian newspapers.
Also available in print and on microfilm.
Electronic reproduction. Canberra, A.C.T., : National Library of Australia, 2008- (Australian newspapers). Vol. 1, no. 1 (Nov. 18, 1879)-Dec.1954. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Life Dates
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (Nov. 18, 1879)-
- Former Title
- Western Australian times 1835-5838
- Australia Western Australia Perth.
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by the State Library of Western Australia for the digitisation of this title.