The Perth Gazette and Independent Journal of Politics and News (WA : 1848 - 1864)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title26
The West Australian, widely known as The West (Saturday/Sunday edition: The Weekend West) is the only locally edited daily newspaper published in Perth, Western Australia, and is owned by ASX-listed Seven West Media (ASX: SWM). The West is published in tabloid format, as is the state's other major newspaper, The Sunday Times, a News Limited publication. It is the second-oldest continuously produced newspaper in Australia, having been published since 1833. The West has strong conservative leanings, and has consistently supported the Coalition.See the full Wikipedia entry
- The Perth gazette and independent journal of politics and news [electronic resource]
- Perth, W. A. : A. Shenton, 1848-1864.
- Digitised as part of the Australian Newspapers service which allows access to historic Australian newspapers.
Also available in print and on microfilm.
Electronic reproduction. Canberra, A.C.T., : National Library of Australia, 2008-2009 (Australian newspapers). Vol. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 1, 1848)-v. 16, no. 815 (Sept. 30, 1864). Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Merged with: West Australian times, to form: Perth gazette & W.A. times.
- Life Dates
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 1, 1848)-v. 16, no. 815 (Sept. 30, 1864)
- Later Title
- West Australian times 1835-5846
Perth gazette & W.A. times 1835-5838
- Former Title
- Perth gazette and Western Australian journal 1834-0938
- Australia Western Australia Perth
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by the State Library of Western Australia for the digitisation of this title.