The Perth Gazette and Independent Journal of Politics and News (WA : 1848 - 1864)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title26
The West Australian, widely known as The West (Saturday edition: The Weekend West) is the only locally edited daily newspaper published in Perth, Western Australia, and is owned by Seven West Media. The West is published in tabloid format, as is the state's other major newspaper, The Sunday Times, a News Corp publication. It is the second-oldest continuously produced newspaper in Australia, having been published since 1833. The West has strong conservative leanings, and has consistently supported the Coalition.See the full Wikipedia entry
- The Perth gazette and independent journal of politics and news [electronic resource]
- Perth, W. A. : A. Shenton, 1848-1864.
- Digitised as part of the Australian Newspapers service which allows access to historic Australian newspapers.
Also available in print and on microfilm.
Electronic reproduction. Canberra, A.C.T., : National Library of Australia, 2008-2009 (Australian newspapers). Vol. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 1, 1848)-v. 16, no. 815 (Sept. 30, 1864). Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Merged with: West Australian times, to form: Perth gazette & W.A. times.
- Life Dates
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 1, 1848)-v. 16, no. 815 (Sept. 30, 1864)
- Later Title
- West Australian times 1835-5846
Perth gazette & W.A. times 1835-5838
- Former Title
- Perth gazette and Western Australian journal 1834-0938
- Australia Western Australia Perth
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by the State Library of Western Australia for the digitisation of this title.