The Darling Downs Gazette and General Advertiser (Toowoomba, Qld. : 1858 - 1880)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title257
The Darling Downs Gazette was a newspaper published from 1848 to 1922 in Drayton and Toowoomba in Queensland, Australia.
The The Darling Downs Gazette and General Advertiser was founded in 1858 by Arthur Sidney Lyon. The first issue of 4 pages was published on Thursday 10 June 1858 from Willow Cottage, a wooden shanty, in Drayton.See the full Wikipedia entry
- The Darling Downs gazette and general advertiser [electronic resource].
- Drayton, Qld. : Arthur Sydney Lyons, 1858-1880.
- From 1862 published: Toowoomba, Qld. : R. M. Ross for Traill & Ross.
Also available in print and on microform.
Electronic reproduction. Canberra, A.C.T. : National Library of Australia, 2012 (Digitised newspapers and more). June 10, 1858-Dec. 22, 1880. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Life Dates
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (June 10, 1858)-v. 20, no. 4090 (Dec. 22, 1880)
- Later Title
- Darling Downs gazette and Toowoomba and Dalby advertiser
- Australia Queensland Toowoomba
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by the State Library of Queensland for the digitisation of this title.