The Dawn (Sydney, NSW : 1888 - 1905)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title252
The Dawn: A Journal for Australian Women was an early feminist journal published monthly in Sydney, Australia between 1888 and 1905. It was first published 15 May 1888 by Louisa Lawson using the pen name of Dora Falconer. The subtitle was later changed to A Journal for the Household.See the full Wikipedia entry
- The dawn a journal for Australian women. [electronic resource] :
- Sydney : Louisa Lawson, 1888-1905.
- 17 v. : ill.
- Title from PDF title screen.
After Vol. 8 subtitled : a journal for the household.
Digitised as part of the Australian Newspapers service which allows access to historic Australian newspapers.
Also available in print and on microfilm.
Electronic production. Canberra, A.C.T. : National Library of Australia, 2012 (Digitised Newspapers and more). 1888-1905. Mode of access: World Wide Web
- Life Dates
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (15 May 1888)-v. 17, no. 3 (July 1905)
- Also Titled
- Dawn : a journal for the household.
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by the State Library of New South Wales for the digitisation of this title.