Northern Standard (Darwin, NT : 1921 - 1955)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title25
The Northern Standard, also known by the uniform title Northern standard (Darwin, N.T.), was a newspaper published in Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia, from 1920 or 1921 to 1955. The paper was published by the North Australian Workers' Union from 1928 to 1955. See the full Wikipedia entry
- The Northern standard.
- Darwin : Australian Workers Union (Darwin Branch), [1921?]-1955.
- v. ; 49 cm.
- Caption title.
Description based on: no. 8, Wednesday Mar. 16 1921
Incorporates the Northern Territory times from 1932-1955.
Masthead on early issues includes: "peace, progress, patriotism, freedom, fraternity, fair play".
- Life Dates
- 1921?-v. 10, no. 6 (Feb. 10, 1955)
- Former Title
- Northern Territory times 1835-8667
- Australia Northern Territory Darwin.
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by W & F Pascoe Pty. Ltd. for the digitisation of this title.