Evelyn Observer and Bourke East Record (Vic. : 1902 - 1917)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title146
The Evelyn Observer was a weekly newspaper released from 1873 to 1942 in the north-east area of Melbourne, Australia. It was first published on 31 October in 1873 from an out of school house at Kangaroo Ground. Andrew Ross, the district's first school master and hotel-keeper was the Observer’s first proprietor and he enlisted the help of a printer, John Rossiter who also became the first editor.  The earliest surviving issue is 15 October 1875, held at the State Library of Victoria.See the full Wikipedia entry
- The Evelyn observer and Bourke East record [electronic resource]
- Kangaroo Ground, Vic : Robert Charles Harris, 1902-1917.
- Digitised as part of the "Digitised newspapers and more" which allows access to historic Australian periodicals.
Also available in print and on microfilm.
Electronic reproduction. Canberra, A.C.T., : National Library of Australia, 2011 (Digitised newspapers and more). 1902-1917. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Life Dates
- Vol. 29, no. 1513 (Oct. 24, 1902)-v. 44, no. 2270 (Mar. 30, 1917).
- Later Title
- Eltham and Whittlesea Shires advertiser and Diamond Creek Valley advocate 1838-0336
- Former Title
- Evelyn observer and South and East Bourke record 1838-031X
- Australia Victoria Kangaroo Ground
Australia Victoria Evelyn
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by State Library of Victoria for the digitisation of this title.