Evelyn Observer and Bourke East Record (Vic. : 1902 - 1917)

Find an issue

by Year

  • Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
  • Click a year link to update the calendars below

by Date

1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.

Number of issues for this year

2. Select a month to see which days have issues in the following day calendar.

3. Select a day to view the issue.

Web Feeds

Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.

Information

Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title146

From Wikipedia:

The Evelyn Observer was a weekly newspaper released from 1873 to 1942 in the north-east area of Melbourne, Australia. It was first published on 31 October in 1873 from an out of school house at Kangaroo Ground.[1] Andrew Ross, the district's first school master and hotel-keeper was the Observer’s first proprietor and he enlisted the help of a printer, John Rossiter who also became the first editor. [2] The earliest surviving issue is 15 October 1875, held at the State Library of Victoria.

See the full Wikipedia entry
Title
The Evelyn observer and Bourke East record [electronic resource]
Publisher
Kangaroo Ground, Vic : Robert Charles Harris, 1902-1917.
Description
v.
Notes
Digitised as part of the "Digitised newspapers and more" which allows access to historic Australian periodicals.
Also available in print and on microfilm.
Electronic reproduction. Canberra, A.C.T., : National Library of Australia, 2011 (Digitised newspapers and more). 1902-1917. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Life Dates
Vol. 29, no. 1513 (Oct. 24, 1902)-v. 44, no. 2270 (Mar. 30, 1917).
Later Title
Eltham and Whittlesea Shires advertiser and Diamond Creek Valley advocate 1838-0336
Former Title
Evelyn observer and South and East Bourke record 1838-031X
Place
Australia Victoria Kangaroo Ground
Australia Victoria Evelyn

Where can I find copies?

Acknowledgements

The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by the State Library of Victoria for the digitisation of this title.


National Library of Australia