Yea Chronicle (Yea, Vic. : 1891 - 1920)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title124
The Yea Chronicle is a weekly newspaper that circulates Wednesdays throughout the western region of the Murrindindi Shire in Victoria, Australia.
The newspaper started as The Yea Telegraph in October 1885. The name changed to The Yea Chronicle in 1890. An early owner was Frederick G. Purcell. It was later owned by Tom Dignam and who sold the paper to Ash and Fleur Long in 1984 and they in turn sold it to Geoff Hayes and Jenny Smith of Alexandra newspapers in May 1993. It currently has a circulation of 1050.See the full Wikipedia entry
- The Yea chronicle [electronic resource].
- Yea, Vic. : Patrick Galvin
- Title varies slightly: Issues for Oct. 26, 1988, Dec. 21, 1988-Dec. 28, 1988, June 27, 1990, Dec. 16, 1992-May 19, 1993 have title: Chronicle.
"Circulating in Ghin Ghin, Molesworth, Gobur, Thornton, Yarck, Alexandra, Acheron, Seymour, Tallarook, Broadford, Kilmore, &c."
Description based on: No. 268 (Jan. 1, 1891).
Official organ of the Yea Shire Council,
Digitised as part of the "Digitised newspapers and more" which allows access to historic Australian periodicals.
Also available in print.
Electronic reproduction. Canberra, A.C.T., : National Library of Australia, 2011 (Digitised newspapers and more). 1891-1920. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Life Dates
- Began in Apr. 1890.
- Former Title
- Whittlesea chronicle
Yea telephone and Upper Goulburn advocate
- Also Titled
- Australia Victoria Yea
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by the State Library of Victoria for the digitisation of this title.