Moonta Herald and Northern Territory Gazette (NT : 1869)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title118
The Moonta Herald and Northern Territory Gazette was a newspaper produced on the vessel SS Moonta that was sailed by George Goyder in 1868 and 1869 from Port Adelaide to Darwin, Northern Territory. It consisted of five issues, and an additional one that was released when the vessel reached Port Darwin. The issues, which were distributed to all the people on the SS Moonta, contained comedic articles, a lost and found section, advertisements for on-board events such as concerts, and more.See the full Wikipedia entry
- The Moonta herald and Northern Territory gazette [electronic resource]
- [Adelaide] : William Fisher, 1869.
- v. ; 38 cm.
- From vol. 1, no. 3 (16 Jan 1869) published by W.M. Hardy, for the Editor and Proprietor, William Fisher.
Digitised as part of the "Digitised newspapers and more" which allows access to historic Australian periodicals.
Also available in print.
Electronic reproduction. Canberra, A.C.T., : National Library of Australia, 2011 (Digitised newspapers and more). 1869. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Life Dates
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (2 Jan. 1869)-v. 1, no. 5 (30 Jan 1869); supplement (24 Feb. 1869)
- Australia South Australia.
Australia Northern Territory.
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by W & F Pascoe Pty. Ltd. for the digitisation of this title.