Braidwood Independent (NSW : 1867)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title114
The Queanbeyan Age is a weekly newspaper based in Queanbeyan, New South Wales, Australia. It has had a number of title changes throughout its publication history. First published on the 15th September, 1860 by John Gale and his brother, Peter Francis Gale, The Golden Age, as it was known at the time, was the first newspaper of the small township on the banks of the Queanbeyan River. It was named due to the short-lived Kiandra goldrush, which generated large amounts of gold-based traffic through the region.See the full Wikipedia entry
- The Braidwood independent [electronic resource]
- Braidwood, N.S.W. : John Gale, 1867.
- Digitised as part of the Australian Newspapers service which allows access to historic Australian newspapers.
Also availabe in print and on microfilm.
Electronic reproduction. Canberra, A.C.T. : National Library of Australia, 2008-2009. (Australian newspapers). 1867. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Life Dates
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (Aug. 31, 1867)-v. 1, no. 14 (Oct. 16, 1867)
- Later Title
- Queanbeyan age (1867) 1837-428X
- Former Title
- Queanbeyan age and general advertiser 1837-4301
- Also Titled
- Braidwood independent and Queanbeyan age
- Australia New South Wales Braidwood.
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by the State Library of New South Wales for the digitisation of this title.