The Age (Queanbeyan, NSW : 1904 - 1907)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title113
The Queanbeyan Age is a weekly newspaper based in Queanbeyan, New South Wales, Australia. It has had a number of title changes throughout its publication history. First published on 15 September 1860 by John Gale and his brother, Peter Francis Gale, The Golden Age, as it was known at the time, was the first newspaper of the small township on the banks of the Queanbeyan River. It was named due to the short-lived Kiandra goldrush, which generated large amounts of gold-based traffic through the region.See the full Wikipedia entry
- The age.
- Queanbeyan, N.S.W. : Wilfred Ernest Gale and John James Gay, 1904-1907.
- v. ; 60 cm.
- Also available on microfilm, and online via the Australian Newspapers service. Address as at 5 Oct. 2010: http://newspapers.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/title/113
- Life Dates
- Friday Apr. 8, 1904-Friday Feb. 15, 1907.
- Later Title
- Queanbeyan age (1907) 1837-4298
- Former Title
- Queanbeyan age (1867) 1837-428X
- Also Titled
- Queanbeyan age
- Australia New South Wales Queanbeyan.
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by the State Library of New South Wales for the digitisation of this title.