Portland Guardian (Vic. : 1876 - 1953)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title109
The Portland Guardian was a weekly newspaper published between 1842-1964 in the seaport town of Portland, Victoria, Australia. It was founded by Thomas Wilkinson and James Swords and was the second newspaper to be launched in country Victoria. It was eventually absorbed by local rival Portland Observer with the final issue appearing on 26 March 1964.See the full Wikipedia entry
- The Portland guardian.
- Portland, Vic. : Portland Guardian, 1876-1964.
- v. ; 63 cm.
- Description based on: Vol. 91 (Monday, Nov. 19, 1934)
- Life Dates
- July 4, 1876-Mar. 26, 1964.
- Later Title
- Portland observer
- Former Title
- Portland mirror (Portland, Vic.)
Portland guardian and Normanby general advertiser
- Australia Victoria Portland
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by the State Library of Victoria for the digitisation of this title.