State Engineering Works Watkins, Skip

User activity

Share to:
Creator
Watkins, Skip
Subjects
Central Fremantle; Kindergartens; J P McKenzie Play Centre (George St., East Fremantle)
Summary
The Post Office at Cliff Street was opened 10.08.1889. It was convenient for the mail steamers berthed nearby. Note the hitching rails; the notice boards with shipping intelligence on the right and tenders and postal notices on the left; the woman with the baby carriage. Use of this post office ceased when all post office business moved to Market Street in 1907. From 1911, the old post office was the offfice of the D. N. O. and the Naval Drill Hall until the establishment of H.M.A.S. Leeuwin at Preston Point. The building was demolished in July 1965.
Bookmark
https://trove.nla.gov.au/work/232469162
Work ID
232469162

141 images of this work

Find a specific edition
Thumbnail [View as table] [View as grid] Title, Author, Edition Date Language Format Libraries

User activity


e.g. test cricket, Perth (WA), "Parkes, Henry"

Separate different tags with a comma. To include a comma in your tag, surround the tag with double quotes.

Be the first to add a tag for this work

Be the first to add this to a list

Comments and reviews

What are comments? Add a comment

No user comments or reviews for this work

Add a comment


Show comments and reviews from Amazon users