Websites advanced search
Use Advanced Search to improve your results when searching the Websites category.
Check out Related Pages for more information.
1. In the Search box at the top of the Trove homepage, enter a keyword for what you want to search. Ensure that the keyword is spelled correctly – Trove will search exactly what is entered.
2. Select Websites from the Advanced Search drop-down menu underneath the green magnifying glass button. Trove will generate filter options, followed by a list of search results containing your keyword.
3. Add or change keyword/s in the filter options to modify your search. You need to enter a keyword into at least one of these filters, and you can also use multiple filters:
- All of these words - Get results containing every word
- The phrase - Get results containing the words together as a phrase
- Without these words - Do not get results containing one or more word
- Include related terms - Select to get results containing similar words
4. Select from the menus or enter information in the boxed filter options to further limit your search results and improve the accuracy of your search:
- Australian Government Web Archive - Select to limit to websites with addresses ending in gov.au, with the additional option of selecting a state
- Limit by domain - Enter a specific domain to search within
- Snapshot date - Date range that the website was online and archived
- Limit by file type - Search for a specific type of file
5. When you have made your filter selections, select the green magnifying glass button underneath the boxed filter options on the right hand side. Trove will generate a filtered search results list.