Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why am I having issues - newspaper articles not displaying

Further, if you choose a category that does have available results, it will then not display those results when you click on that category. For example, on a subsequent search "Digitised newspapers and more" displays results, but other categories still have wheels spinning. You can click on the precis listing (the first two or three results shown on the overview page by all categories) and any of those items open. However, three results of say 100 available is not useful, so you click on the "Digitised newspapers and more" category, that category listing opens, but just shows spinning wheels, not even showing the three items showing in the previous view. In the past when trove had problems, the service would just stop and show an error page, whereas this seems to be ongoing, so I was thinking it might be something specific to me (eg. a DNS error?).

I have had same problem for the last few days. Newspaper Search just shows spinning wheel with no results after long time eg half hour or more. Side bars however show results. Is there too great a demand for the search engine? Spoiled by its very success??

Staff Moderator
    Hello, Trove support here.

Our IT team are currently looking into this issue. We appreciate your patience, and are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused our users.

In the meantime, we suggest logging out of your Trove account when conducting your Trove searches as a temporary work-around for this issue.

The best way to report any technical difficulties you're experiencing with Trove is to contact us directly using our contact form, as we're not always able to monitor the forums: http://help.nla.gov.au/trove/trove-s...-message-trove

Staff Moderator
    The issue that was effecting Trove's search function has now been resolved. Thank you for your patience.
    If you experience any further issues please report them on our contact form: http://help.nla.gov.au/trove/trove-s...-message-trove