Thread: Family tree pictures

Question Family tree pictures

Hi I have two pictures of 1927 Colonial Mutual Fire Insurance Football Team F.O'Rourke front right
    How would I go about finding out more on the 1927 Colonial Mutual Fire Insurance Football Team Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1927 Colonial Mutual Fire Insurance Football Team F.O'Rourke front right.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	265.4 KB 
ID:	321

The other I really have No clue of what sports team this could be. All I know is the 3 men in uniform were my grandfathers older brothers.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Belden Uncles.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	239.8 KB 
ID:	322
    Any ideas how I can find out any more information about these?

In that era there were often games between teams representing companies within an industry e.g. This article describes a game between Colonial Mutual and AMP in 1921.

By the look of the photo my guess is an AFL team but if you knew where he was living this would help.

Most large companies have a heritage/history collection (but getting access can be tricky). Colonial is now part of the Commonwealth Bank group so may be worth enquiring to see if they have any info

Trove user
    Taking a punt, I'd say the top one was Aussie Rules (18 players) and the bottom one Soccer(11 players). Although it may have been difficult playing in those uniforms.

I would make a search on Google and see what I can get

I think you can find relevant information on Wikipedia.