Besides changes you may have noticed in the upgraded Trove, we’ve also built some new features the Trove community has requested. Here’s what you need to know about them:
- Landing pages in Trove provide helpful information and articles to make the most of your Trove visits. They are: Explore, Categories, Community, Research and First Australians. They include tips on more ways to browse collections, what’s in the new categories, how to become a Voluntrove, highlights of research that uses Trove and how to find items about and created by First Australians.
- Cultural Sensitivity notifications are a new feature you’ll see first in the preview. Their visibility can be adjusted to suit you. These notifications are a part of a series of coming changes aimed at making Trove more culturally safe for all Australians.
- Trove Trivia shines a spotlight on the weird and wonderful items in Trove. We'll be asking for your suggestions soon!
- Collection Features are a new way to browse items in Trove, grouping by themes or showcasing whole collection shared by Trove Partners. See this still in-development feature on the Explore landing page.
- News brings together the latest events, blogs, and new items in Trove – including newspaper, gazettes and journal titles coming soon. See the news feed in the top right-hand menu of each page to stay up to date.
- Collaborative Lists are a new way to work with friends and colleagues who also use Trove. Create a list together to collect items along particular themes. Lists can now also be filtered, reordered with drag-and-drop functions and downloaded.
More new features are planned for the launch of upgraded Trove in June 2020. To find out what we’re still working on see our article Trove Preview – under construction.