English, Article, Journal or magazine article edition: Factor Shares From Household Survey Data Rodrigo García Verdú

User activity

Share to:
 
Bookmark: http://trove.nla.gov.au/version/47616
Physical Description
  • preprint
Language
  • English

Edition details

Title
  • Factor Shares From Household Survey Data
Author
  • Rodrigo García Verdú
Physical Description
  • preprint
Notes
  • This paper proposes a method for estimating the factor shares of labor and capital using cross sectional household survey data containing detailed information on household income by source. It then applies the method to the case of Mexico, a country where factor shares are almost the opposite of those in the United States. The application of this method using data from every available household survey that is representative at the national level, corresponding to the years 1968, 1977, 1984, 1989, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000 and 2002, yields the following results: (i) factor shares in Mexico are much closer to those in the United States than the National Income and Product Accounts (NIPA) data suggest, with labor accounting for approximately 60% of income and capital for the other 40%; and (ii) factor shares in Mexico have been relatively constant over the time period analyzed. The paper then develops the implications of the differences between factor shares obtained from the NIPA data and the household survey data for some areas of economic research, including growth accounting and the analysis of the sources of growth.
  • Factor Shares, National Income and Product Accounts, Household Survey Data, Functional Distribution of Income, Growth Accounting
  • RePEc:bdm:wpaper:2005-05
Language
  • English
Contributed by
OAIster

Get this edition

Other links

  • Set up My libraries

    How do I set up "My libraries"?

    In order to set up a list of libraries that you have access to, you must first login or sign up. Then set up a personal list of libraries from your profile page by clicking on your user name at the top right of any screen.

  • All (1)
  • Unknown (1)
None of your libraries hold this item.
None of your libraries hold this item.
None of your libraries hold this item.
None of your libraries hold this item.
None of your libraries hold this item.
None of your libraries hold this item.
None of your libraries hold this item.
None of your libraries hold this item.

User activity


e.g. test cricket, Perth (WA), "Parkes, Henry"

Separate different tags with a comma. To include a comma in your tag, surround the tag with double quotes.

Be the first to add a tag for this edition

Be the first to add this to a list

Comments and reviews

What are comments? Add a comment

No user comments or reviews for this version

Add a comment