This report looks at the economic issues raised by population ageing in Australia. Though population ageing is largely a positive outcome, primarily reflecting improved life expectancy, it also has more negative impacts on labour supply, economic output, infrastructure requirements, and government budgets. In response, the report considers the benefits of reforms to the retirement age and pensions systems, the use of housing equity, and health care reforms.
2. Australia's demographic future
3. Labour supply
4. Productivity and economic growth
5. Revenue and expenses
6. Encouraging workforce participation
7. Income poor, asset rich: overcoming rationing and financing constraints
8. Improving health care productivity to alleviate fiscal pressures
In order to set up a list of libraries that you have access to,
you must first login
or sign up.
Then set up a personal list of libraries from your profile page by
clicking on your user name at the top right of any screen.