- All editions
Another look at population and global warming / Nancy Birdsall
Global warming - Environmental aspects - Developing countries.;
Developing countries - Population - Environmental aspects.;
Greenhouse gases - Environmental aspects - Developing countries.
- Machine derived contents note: Foreword 9
- Introduction 10
- After the Warming 12
- The devastating worldwide consequences of rapid
- global warming if present trends continue.
- 2 Heat-Trapping Gases and Our Climate 27
- How carbon dioxide and other gases heat our
- atmosphere; evidence of dangerous changes in
- global temperature already occurring.
- 3 Counting he Costs 40
- The projected multibillion dollar damages to
- industry, property, the environment, and health
- from climate change.
- 4 Myths and Mythmakers 58
- How disinformation campaigns of the oil and coal
- industries twist the facts about global warning;
- nine key climate myths exposed and refuted.
- 5 Climate-Safe Energy Sources 80
- Affordable and readily available resources that can
- meet our energy needs while protecting the climate.
- 6 Creating a Clean-Energy Future 100
- Personal steps each of us can take, and realistic
- local, state, and federal policies that will protect
- our climate.
- Parting Words 114
- Endnotes 115
- Appendix A: Gathering Support to
- Prevent a Climate Criss 123
- A concise manual for effective political action
- on dclean-energy issues; state-by-state guide to
- environmental organizations.
- Appendix B: Frequently Asked
- Questions About Our Climate 131
- "How we might trigger "runaway" global warming;
- "how forests affect climate; and other important
- Appendix C: 1Selected Bibliography 34.
- Work ID
Be the first to add this to a list