The effectiveness of the current media codes of practice in Australia, particularly in light of technological change that is leading to the migration of print media to digital and online platforms. required me to investigate: The impact of this technological change on the business model that has supported the investment by traditional media organisations in quality journalism and the production of news, and how such activities can be supported, and diversity enhanced, in the changed media environment ; Ways of substantially strengthening the independence and effectiveness of the Australian Press Council, including in relation to online publications, and with particular reference to the handling of complaints ; Any related issues pertaining to the ability of the media to operate according to regulations and codes of practice, and in the public interest."--Introduction : terms of reference.
2. The democratic indispensibility of a free press
3. Newspaper industry structure and performance
4. Media standards
5. The legal position of the media : privileges of the media, and restrictions of speech
6. The regulation of broadcasting
7. Self-regulation : journalistic codes and ombudsmen
8. Self-regulation and the press council
9. Rights of reply, correction, and apology
10. Theories of regulation
12. Changing business models and government support.
In order to set up a list of libraries that you have access to,
you must first login
or sign up.
Then set up a personal list of libraries from your profile page by
clicking on your user name at the top right of any screen.