- All editions
From parastatals to private trade : lessons from Asian agriculture / edited by Shahidur Rashid, Ashok Gulati, and Ralph Cummings, Jr
Government business enterprises - Asia - Case studies.;
Agricultural price supports - Asia - Case studies.
- Pt. I. Introduction and Cross-Country Synthesis
- 1. Introduction / Shahidur Rashid, Ashok Gulati and Ralph Cummings, Jr.
- 2. Grain Marketing Parastatals in Asia: Why Do They Have to Change Now? / Shahidur Rashid, Ashok Gulati and Ralph Cummings, Jr.
- Pt. II. Case Studies from South Asia
- 3. Parastatals and Food Policies: The Indian Case / Shahidur Rashid, Ashok Gulati and S. Mahendra Dev
- 4. Public Intervention in Pakistan's Wheat Market: The Story of Two Agencies / Abdul Salam and Mian Muhammad Mukhtar
- 5. Public Food Distribution System in Bangladesh: Successful Reforms and Remaining Challenges / A. M. M. Shawkat Ali, Ishrat Jahan, Akhter Ahmed and Shahidur Rashid
- Pt. III. Case Studies from East Asia
- 6. From Remarkable Success Stories to Troubling Present: The Case of BULOG in Indonesia / Bustanul Arifin
- Postscript: The Debate over Food Security in 2006 - An Update on the Role of BULOG / C. Peter Timmer
- 7. Options for National Food Authority Reforms in the Philippines / Ramon L. Clarete
- 8. Role of State-Owned Enterprises in Vietnam's Rice Markets / Dang Kim Son and Tran Cong Thang
- Pt. IV. Policy Implications
- 9. Times Have Changed: Learning New Ways of Doing Business / Shahidur Rashid, Ashok Gulati and Ralph Cummings, Jr.
- Work ID
Be the first to add this to a list