Catherine Michelmore was born in Adelaide. She began training at the Adelaide Children's Hospital (ACH) after the outbreak of war in 1939. In 1947 she returned to the ACH she set up and conducted the first Preliminary Training School in South Australia. In 1960 she was appointed Deputy Matron at the ACH, from which post she retired in 1970. Miss Michelmore served as a council member of the Royal College of Nursing, Australia, and in 1965 was National President of the College.
View the full record at
Australian Women's Register