Ian J. Robison worked for the Sewerage Authority in Warrnambool, after graduating from the University of Melbourne as a civil engineer in 1931. He spent some time designing and installing equipment at the Bendigo gold mines before joining ICI. Robinson helped to design ICI's plant for synthesising phenothiazine from diphenylamine. The plant was started up in 1943 and operated well for 20 years until phenothiazine was superseded by new generations of anthelmintic drugs. Robinson continued to work for ICI until his retirement in 1972.
View the full record at
Encyclopedia of Australian Science