Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title75
The Sunday Mail (originally titled the Mail) was founded in 1912 by Clarence Moody. Moody initially set up three newspapers – the Sporting Mail, Saturday Mail and the Mail. The first two titles lasted only two years and five years respectively. The Mail went into liquidation in late 1914. Ownership passed briefly to George Annells and Frank Stone, and then to Herbert Syme. In May 1923 News Limited purchased the Mail and moved the newspaper to North Terrace. By this time the News had developed a strong sporting focus. Results of weekend sporting matches of all types and grades were reported in the Mail.See the full Wikipedia entry
Each item in the list represents a year and the number of issues digitised for that year. This is presented as Year YYYY : Number of Issues.
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the contributions of the following individuals and institutions.
Lenders and donors of collection material:
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
The National Library of Australia has digitised this work with the permission of the rights holder and enabled download or print options where possible for research or study. For any other purpose please contact the copyright owner via the publisher. More information...
The National Library of Australia supports creativity, innovation and knowledge-exchange but does not endorse any inappropriate or derogatory use. Please respect indigenous, cultural and ethical concerns.