Queanbeyan Age and Queanbeyan Observer (NSW : 1915 - 1927)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title87
The Queanbeyan Age is a weekly newspaper based in Queanbeyan, New South Wales, Australia. It has had a number of title changes throughout its publication history. First published on 15 September 1860 by John Gale and his brother, Peter Francis Gale, The Golden Age, as it was known at the time, was the first newspaper of the small township on the banks of the Queanbeyan River. It was named due to the short-lived Kiandra goldrush, which generated large amounts of gold-based traffic through the region.See the full Wikipedia entry
- The Queanbeyan age and the Queanbeyan observer [electronic resource].
- Queanbeyan, N.S.W. : Wilfred Ernest Gale and James Knox, 1915-1927.
- 13 v. ; 60 cm.
- Issue for Mar. 31, 1927 called Queanbeyan Canberra advocate.
Digitised as part of the Australian Newspapers service which allows access to historic Australian newspapers.
Also available in print and on microfilm.
Electronic reproduction. Canberra, A.C.T., : National Library of Australia, 2008- (Australian newspapers). Friday Apr. 2, 1915-Friday Apr. 1, 1927 Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Merger of: Queanbeyan observer; and, Queanbeyan age (1907)
Merged with: Canberra advocate, to become: Queanbeyan age Canberra advocate.
- Life Dates
- Friday Apr. 2, 1915-Friday Apr. 1, 1927.
- Later Title
- Queanbeyan age Canberra advocate 1837-4387
- Former Title
- Queanbeyan age (1907) 1837-4298
Queanbeyan observer 1837-4352
- Also Titled
- Queanbeyan age
- Australia New South Wales Queanbeyan.
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by State Library of New South Wales for the digitisation of this title.