The Cumberland Argus (Parramatta, NSW : 1950 - 1962)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title442
The Cumberland Argus and Fruitgrowers’ Advocate (also known as The Cumberland Argus or The Argus) was a newspaper published in Parramatta with coverage and circulation incorporating Greater Western Sydney and parts of North-West Sydney, Australia. First published on 24 September 1887, the paper continued under this title until issue No. 3397, on 15 March 1950, when the newspaper was officially renamed the Cumberland Argus. It remained under this banner for a further 12 years until it ceased publication on 24 October 1962.See the full Wikipedia entry
- Cumberland argus.
- 1 online resource : illustrations
- Title from title screen.
Digitised as part of the "Digitised newspapers and more" which allows access to historic Australian periodicals.
Also available in print and on microfilm.
- Life Dates
- No. 3398 (March 22, 1950)-October 24, 1962.
- Former Title
- Cumberland argus and fruitgrowers' advocate (Online) 2200-4394
- Australia New South Wales Parramatta.
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by the State Library of New South Wales for the digitisation of this title.