The Prahran Telegraph (Vic. : 1889, 1914 - 1918)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title247
The Prahran Telegraph was a newspaper published in Prahran, Victoria, Austrialia. It was probably started by Howard Spensley in 1860, who within several years sold it to William Osment. The preceding Prahran and St Kilda Advertiser was first published by John Hartley in 1857, and continued until at least 1861. The Osment family owned the Telegraph until 1882, and again from 1895-1905. Henry Osment was prominent in local affairs and on Prahran Council, serving as Mayor for 1888/89.See the full Wikipedia entry
- The Prahran telegraph.
- Prahran [Vic.] : Crabb and Yelland, 1889-
- v. : ill.
- Also available online.
Other eds.: Prahran telegraph (Malvern ed.), Dec. 13, 1902-<1920>; Prahran telegraph (St. Kilda ed.), Dec. 13, 1902-<1920>
- Life Dates
- Vol. 29, no. 1 (Jan. 5, 1889)-
- Former Title
- Telegraph, St. Kilda, Prahran and South Yarra guardian 2200-8047
- Australia Victoria Prahran
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by the State Library of Victoria for the digitisation of this title.