Colonial Times (Hobart, Tas. : 1828 - 1857)

Find an issue

by Year

  • Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
  • Click a year link to update the calendars below

by Date

1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.

Number of issues for this year

2. Select a month to see which days have issues in the following day calendar.

3. Select a day to view the issue.

Web Feeds

Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.

Information

Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title24

From Wikipedia:

The Colonial Times was established as the Colonial Times, and Tasmanian Advertiser in 1825 in Hobart, Van Diemen's Land (known as Tasmania since 1856) by the former editor of the Hobart Town Gazette, and Van Diemen's Land Advertiser, Andrew Bent. The name was changed to Colonial Times in 1827, and the title was eventually absorbed into the Hobart Town Mercury in 1857.

See the full Wikipedia entry
Title
Colonial times [electronic resource].
Publisher
Hobart Town : A. Bent, 1828-1857.
Description
33 v.
Notes
Caption title.
Digitised as part of the Australian Newspapers service which allows access to historic Australian newspapers.
Also available in a print ed. and on microfilm.
Electronic reproduction. Canberra, A.C.T., : National Library of Australia, 2008-2009 (Australian newspapers). [Vol.] 13, no. 609 (Jan. 4, 1828)-v. 45, no. 10, 578 (Aug. 22, 1857)). Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Absorbed: Tasmanian and Austral-asiatic review, Aug. 24, 1857.
Absorbed by: Hobart Town mercury.
Life Dates
[Vol.] 13, no. 609 (Jan. 4, 1828)-v. 45, no. 10, 578 (Aug. 22, 1857)
Later Title
Hobart town mercury 1835-6737
Former Title
Colonial times and Tasmanian advertiser 1835-4718
Tasmanian and Austral-asiatic review (1844)
Also Titled
Colonial times and Tasmanian
Place
Australia Tasmania Hobart.

Where can I find copies?

Acknowledgements

The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by LINC Tasmania for the digitisation of this title.


National Library of Australia