Windsor Express and Richmond Advertiser (NSW : 1843 - 1844)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title190
Established in 1843, the Windsor Express and Richmond Advertiser was the first known permanent newspaper in the Hawkesbury and Hawkesbury River district in New South Wales despite the area being settled by Europeans by 1794. Prior to this the Hawkesbury inhabitants relied on the Sydney newspapers (such as the Sydney Gazette and Sydney Morning Herald) to keep them abreast of events.See the full Wikipedia entry
- The Windsor express and Richmond advertiser [microform].
- Balgowlah, N.S.W. : W. & F. Pascoe, 1986.
- 1 microfilm reel.
- Microreproducation. Originally published weekly: Windsor, N.S.W. : G.A. Eager.
- Life Dates
- No. 1 (May 17, 1843)-
Where can I find copies?
The National Library of Australia acknowledges the use of newspapers and microfilm owned by the State Library of New South Wales for the digitisation of this title.